Elyse Burns-Hill

I am a full member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and have a very strong management, business and IT background that has been recognised by a leading Jersey digital focus group and the ACCA.

Having started in business when I was just 16, I bring together financial, marketing and sales knowledge and experience. You’ll still find me with my nose in a finance, marketing or sales book whenever I have a free moment.

I find my eclectic business background and experience brings a unique depth to my financial work which in turn benefits my clients.

#XeroGeek

I am a Xero Champion and experienced Xero Certified Geek (technically it should ‘Advisor’…but I like Geek!) I offer bespoke training and app consultation to help business owners “find the gold” in their bookkeeping records.

It is with a great deal of passion that I help business owners understand their financial records, use them to make good business decisions and save money on their accountancy fees while doing it!

Business Investor

I have a particular type of business that I am interested in, but I am open to other types of business. Generally, my sweet spot is :

  • Turnover between £500,000 and £5m
  • Business Services Sector or Health Industry
  • Financially stressed/distressed; OR
  • Profitable and owner looking to exit

But I am interested to hear from other types of business in other situations.


My Business Interests

SGW Chartered Accountants

I am Associate Director at SGW working with Managing Director Craig Plumpton. I have many years experience in practice having started my Accountancy training with PwC in Malta, then about 6 years as an Auditor in firms in Jersey and Hampshire. I started working with Craig towards the end of 2018, so when he asked me to join him as a Director in early 2020, I was thrilled! I’m just working on jumping the hoops with my professional body to get my practicing license so that I can become full Director.

We are a general practice, so happy to work with clients from a range of different industries. Craig has a wealth of experience, knowledge and passion working with the licensed trade sector, and I have no particular preference over sector, but my experience, knowledge and passion (as you may guess looking at this website!) is Xero.

Find out more about us here: www.sgwaccountancyservices.com

The Inspire Network

I co-own and run The Inspire Network, a network for business women in the UK with my business partner Nikki Tapley. We run a free Facebook group (the open community) of more than 11,000 ladies, and we also have a dedicated app (The Inspire Hub) as a platform for our Networking events and trainings.

Find out more about The Inspire Network here: www.theinspirenetwork.co.uk

Collabor8 – People in Business CIC

Nikki Tapley founded Collabor8, and asked me to join her as co-Director when we re-incorporated into a Community Interest Company (CIC). As a CIC, we raise money through our services to enable us to re-invest the profits back into the community. We aim to equip, empower and encourage people in business so that they have everything they need to succeed and be fulfilled.

Find out more about Collabor8 – People in Business here: www.collabor8uk.org

Dandelion Healthcare

Dandelion Healthcare is my passion project. It was born in my brain in 2019, but it didn’t really started to come together until 2020 (mainly due to my lack of time!). Our vision is to raise the standard of mental healthcare in the UK.

At the moment we offer primarily therapy both privately and through insurance. Phase 2 is kicking off the charity funded therapy through our charity; The Dandelion Fellowship. Phase 3 will involve bidding for NHS contracts and providing some of the NHS mental health services. We have many other phases planned after that!

While the group (with the exception of the The Dandelion Fellowship, and the CIC that is currently in planning stage) are for profit organisations, our Articles of Association require that 75% of operating profits are re-invested into the group to increase the quality of care to our service users and to facilitate growth to enable us to help more people. The remaining 25% is to be used as performance related bonuses for key management staff and board members as well as dividend for the shareholders (all of whom, it is stipulated, must be UK resident and paying UK taxes).

Find out more about Dandelion Healthcare at our website: www.dandelion.healthcare